Thursday 27 October 2011

Object Lesson


My Labrador Holly has never quite got the hang of playing fetch the ball. At first, it’s me throwing the ball for her to retrieve, but then it turns into me chasing her to retrieve the ball so I can throw it for her to fetch back, etc, etc.

That set me thinking—what was the object of that sport? Exercise for me or her or both or neither? (After a while we both just give up).

Kind of like when I was planning to invest---I thought if I could save up some money by not splurging on CDs and books and pizzas and invest it in something meaningful, then I could get the money for interest and use it to splurge on books and CDs and pizzas....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Babla --- this is great !! Great means really great ! Will read all the stuff at leisure and will ENJOY !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jman,
    Holly has a mind of her own man.. how can you train such a dog to do a silly thing as fetch a ball.. enjoy her intelligence man and feel lucky that you have a dog with a personality and opinions of her own.

    ReplyDelete

Vaccine-scepticism

One of the most bizarre things you hear today in the post -Covid world is that the pandemic was a conspiracy by giant corporates, drummed up...